Preventative dentistry is the most important thing you can do to maintain the health and beauty of your smile for a lifetime. Brighton Dental Clinique in Beverly Hills offers a comprehensive preventive dentistry program that involves some of the most advanced techniques for preventing damage to your teeth and repairing minor damage that has begun.
If you are in need of a visit to the dentist to help protect your teeth from damage and decay through preventative dentistry, please call (310) 275-5325 or contact Brighton Dental Clinique today for an appointment.
It’s like a visit to the spa for your teeth. A professional cleaning from our experienced and very talented registered dental hygienists takes over where your home care regimen leaves off. With a delicate touch, our hygienists remove any accumulation that daily brushing and flossing has left behind, so your gums will stay healthy and your teeth will stay strong and white.
Complete and thorough assessment and analysis of your total oral health including:
- OraRisk Oral Cancer Screening – Screening for early and pre-symptomatic indicators of oral cancer for the earliest possible diagnosis and treatment.
- Periodontal Charting – Charting and measurement to provide a graphic description and record your state of oral health is important to preventative dentistry. This includes caries (decay), restorations, missing or malposed teeth, pocket depths, bleeding, and numerous other indicators.
- X-rays / Radiographs – X-rays and radiographs to examine what is going on beneath the surface of your teeth, and see their inner structure, roots, and the bones of the jaw.
- Bite Analysis – Detailed examination and analysis of bite function and jaw health.
- Tooth Examination – Detailed examination and analysis of tooth health, structure, function, and surrounding tissues.
- Cosmetic Evaluation – Evaluation, and recommendation for enhancement in both esthetic function and appearance.
Scaling and Root Planing
An important part of preventative dentistry and stopping the early stages of periodontal disease, scaling removes plaque, calculus, and stain from the crown and root surfaces of teeth. The procedure involves cleaning the root of the tooth which, because it is softer than the enamel of the tooth, is more easily affected by the build-up of plaque, tartar, and other inflammatory agents. If the root has been impacted by decay, root planing is used to smooth the surface. A smooth root surface also provides less opportunity for bacteria to remain and form calculus which is an important part of stopping periodontal disease and maintaining healthy gums.
Decay (Caries) Management
Caries Management is the preventative dentistry against and treatment of tooth decay. Usually caused by bacteria, caries is the breakdown of the tooth’s hard tissues. Our preventative dentistry treatments include,
- Decay Removal – The decayed portion of the tooth is removed and replaced with a composite filling that matches the tooth color.
- Sealant Application – A preventative dentistry method that seals the tooth to help resist any further bacterial infection.
- Fluoride Varnish Application – A highly concentrated topical fluoride solution is applied to the tooth surface to help prevent decay, remineralize the tooth surface and treat hypersensitivity.
- Professional Fluoride Application – For people with an elevated risk of developing decay, professional fluoride gel application can significantly reduce that risk.
DNA Testing for Periodontal Disease
Recent research has discovered in human beings, a gene that regulates the production of proteins that destroy bone and soft tissue (like our teeth and gums). Through DNA testing it is possible to identify persons who have large amounts of these proteins and a predisposition that can lead to periodontal disease.
Schedule Your Appointment for Preventive Dentistry in Beverly Hills Today
The longer you wait between dental appointments, the more likely it is that decay will develop or worsen, requiring something more than preventative dentistry treatments.